Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Really Bad Evening

So, I go to Costco with the kids to buy pet food. I know the car was locked, because I had to unlock it to load the dog & cat food into the back of the van. I'm not so sure I rolled up the windows since I was pre-occupied finding a cart to put Katie and Robby into. Both had fallen asleep on the ride over. I took out my debit card and Costco card and left everything else in the van. I'm pretty sure my black tote bag was in the van when we got back.

We get home, unload stuff. I leave my bag in the car (I think!) Joe comes home, I start dinner, then I go over to church for a meeting. I'm there less than a half hour but longer than I think I'm going to be. I did not roll up the windows. I have this vague memory of thinking of taking the bag in with me and dismissing the idea since I'm just going to run in and tell someone I'm interested in the training but cannot stay. I get back to the van and go home.

We eat dinner (a yummy spinach salad with strawberries). I'm tucking the kids in at 8 and Joe says we had a message on the machine from Chase about a possible fraudulent credit card purchase. I call and find out someone had made a purchase at a gas station not far from us. It was not me! Canceled the card when I could not find the black tote bag or the wallet. Sigh.... now I have to go get a new drivers license, new credit cards (glad we only have 2), new library cards (I was carrying Bridget's as well as mine) and I had a library book in the bag!

To cap off the evening, my cell phone fell into water and now is not working! I am not sure what I have done to be punished so, although Joe assures me I am not being punished. Easy for him to say, he still has his cell phone and wallet!

No comments: