Monday, June 9, 2008

Construction Update


Everyday we get a bit more done on the house. Joe took a little time off from mudding, sanding, and priming to plant the garden. I don't think he has everything in yet, but he has started. I just hope the rains don't wash it all away!


The air-conditioning was hooked up Friday. Yippee! When the tech left at 4 p.m. it was a 89 degrees in the house! It took quite awhile for the house to cool down. Joe has also started finishing the doors. They are going to look fabulous! One of us needs to start staining the window sills, etc... Until that is done I can't install mini-blinds. Daylight Saving Time is playing havoc with the kid's schedules! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't work and they could sleep in, but since we have to be out of the house before 7 am I need them asleep by 9. I start putting them in bed at 8 and I can still hear them at 9 - 9:30!

We have all the furniture (with the exception of the bed) cleared out of our bedroom. This will allow Joe to finish the drywall and install a new ceiling in that room. At the moment, we are sleeping in what will be the girls room. All three kids are in the same room. I am not sure Robby will know what to do with his own room!

Due to generosity of others, our floors look great! Larry gave us left over tile which was installed in the upstairs bathroom. Our neighbor, Brian, gave us (and installed!) tile in the kid's rooms and last week Rich and Edie gave us enough tile to do my sewing room. It is a real nice oak parquet.

I need to get some updated pictures.

No comments: