Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Dinner & Dinosaurs




Went all out for dinner tonight - roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes and greens. My husband is the only one in the family who truly loves greens. I will eat them for the nutritional value. Bridget and Katie managed to clean their plates, including the not-so-enjoyable greens. They were a little bitter this time. Last time I made them, I actually enjoyed them. This time? Not so much. Note to self: get the European greens, not the country greens. Big difference!

Anyway, Robert was the last hold out. Not even coaxing him with jello was working. I finally hit upon the solution. "Hey, Robby, these are kind of like the tree stars that Little Foot and Sarah eat on the Land Before Time movie." He liked the idea of eating dinosaur food and soon his plate was clean!

No comments: